Monday 3 December 2012

Gosforth Park

I've been busy over the past few weeks filming the Autumnal scene in the Natural History Society of Northumbria's Gosforth Park Reserve, the finished product is almost complete and will be available to watch soon.

My focus in the park is now turning towards the winter environment, so today I headed down to have a wander around. The time was spent visualising my ideas, and finding new ones.

No Bitterns were insight today, nor Red Squirrels, unlike Brian and Sam's success, although the woodland birds did put on a good show at the feeding station.



2 comments:

  1. I did have Starling murmurations twice the week before last with the birds coming into the reedbeds around 4-4.15 p.m. I did however visit on Friday gone and no birds came in. While waiting for or watching the Starlings there was large numbers of Woodpigeon dropping into roost in tree line to the right of the main hide and between 500-1000 Jackdaws collecting in wooded area just outside the reserve directly in front as you look out before more large numbers noisily drifting across to roost, i think, by the roundabout where the three main roads converge. It was quite a nice sight but i didn't have the required lens to record it. Might be of interest to you Cain.
    Look forward to your images of Gossy Park when you show them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers John, I did get some footage of the Starlings in early November when they were there in force, great to see. The corvid roost is some spectacle, I'm looking forward to recording some audio of it in the coming weeks. It shouldn't be too long before I will be posting the film.

    ReplyDelete